Customer Details for Jira Service Management provides an additional post function named Copy values. This post function allows you to copy data from Customer Details fields to Jira custom fields and vice versa. This configuration bases on the field values collected for the Reporter profile.
In the table below, you can find what Jira custom field types can be mapped to Customer Details fields.
Jira custom fields
Customer Details fields
1. Select the workflow you’d like to update and click Edit.
2. Click on the transition to which you'd like to add a post function.
3. Settings are available depending on the workflow mode:
Diagram: Open Post Functions settings from the right-hand side menu.
Text: Go to the Post Functions tab.
4. Click Add post function.
5. Select Customer Details - Copy Values post function.
6. Click Add.
7. Configure the post function:
Click Add mapping.
Select custom field from Jira which will be the source.
Select field from Customer Details configuration which will be the target.
8. Click Add to save changes.
9. Remember to Publish the changes you've made in the workflow.
New Copy Values post function is added to your workflow.